Are you thinking of beginning a postgraduate research career, but uncertain of how to begin? On 11 November at 16.00 GMT experts from the University of Exeter will be sharing their guidance and answering your questions about how to develop a successful Ph.D. application in the Humanities.
Themes to be covered include:
- How do I know if a Ph.D. is for me? What are the qualities required and what career paths can it lead to?
- What is distinctive about a UK Ph.D. in contrast with postgraduate study in other countries, and how does the supervision system operate?
- What are the keys to a successful research proposal, and how do expectations differ across disciplines?
- How can I identify a university with a strong research culture, and how should I go about locating and contacting prospective supervisors?
- Once I have embarked on a Ph.D., what kinds of training and career guidance can I expect to receive?