Earlier this month, experts from the University of Exeter shared their guidance and answered questions about how to develop a successful Ph.D. application in the Humanities. The video (below) is now available for viewing by anyone considering postgraduate study in the Humanities.
Themes covered in this video include:
- How do I know if a Ph.D. is for me? What are the qualities required and what career paths can it lead to?
- What is distinctive about a UK Ph.D. in contrast with postgraduate study in other countries, and how does the supervision system operate?
- What are the keys to a successful research proposal, and how do expectations differ across disciplines?
- How can I identify a university with a strong research culture, and how should I go about locating and contacting prospective supervisors?
- Once I have embarked on a Ph.D., what kinds of training and career guidance can I expect to receive?